Trump sets record for length of State of the Union
Donald Trump set a record Tuesday night for the longest State of the Union address in U.S. history, speaking for 1 hour and 47 minutes. His speech was filled with misinformation and downright lies that he has repeated numerous times in numerous speeches. Trump focused on his tariff policy, arguing it’s saving the country, protecting world peace and will one day replace income taxes. What Trump did not say is that a tariff is nothing more than a tax and is paid by the purchaser of goods imported from overseas. He repeated the falsehood that foreign countries pay tariffs. As four members of the U.S. Supreme Court who ruled that his emergency tariffs were illegal watched from the the front of the audience, Trump vowed to impose new tariffs on his own despite the court ruling. Trump also claimed that he has brought down prices and wiped out inflation.
Epstein files raised by Democrats at State of the Union
Most Democrats attending Donald Trump’s State of the Union address Tuesday night wore buttons calling for release of the Epstein files. More than a dozen Democrats invited some of Jeffrey Epstein’s sex trafficking victims to be their guests at the event. Earlier in the day, National Public Radio (NPR) reported that Trump’s Department of Justice (DOJ) has documents alleging that Donald Trump sexually abused an underage girl. NPR said the DOJ withheld some documents including FBI interviews with the person and also removed from publicly-released files other documents related to alleged abuses that include Trump’s name. The DOJ still has not released an estimated two million items related to Epstein although it was required by law to have released everything last December.
Trump uses speech to promote division
While highlighting the bravery of several current and former members of the U.S. military and awarding some of them medals including the Purple Heart and Congressional medal of Honor, Donald Trump largely used his State of the Union speech Tuesday night to try to further divide the country by denigrating Democrats and immigrants including Somalis in Minnesota. He repeated his false claim of winning the 2020 election. Without providing any evidence, Trump accused Democrats of being able to win elections only if they cheat and Somalian immigrants of stealing $19 billion dollars. He accused Massachusetts, California, Maine and other states of financial fraud, again without presenting any evidence.
Trump may limit ability to open bank accounts
The Trump administration is weighing a new requirement for U.S. banks to verify the citizenship information of current and future customers, sources told CNN. The potential action could come via executive order, prompting industry concerns that banks would be forced to request unprecedented documentation, including passports and other proof of citizenship. While the plan is not finalized, CNN reported bank executives worry the move is designed to force them to play a role in the administration’s campaign against immigrants.
States sue over Trump’s childhood vaccine rollback
More than a dozen states sued the Trump administration Tuesday over its rollback of vaccine recommendations for children, calling the move an illegal threat to public health. The states argue that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) put children’s lives at risk when it announced last month that it would stop recommending all children get immunized against the flu, rotavirus, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, some forms of meningitis and RSV. Under the new guidance, those shots are only recommended for higher-risk groups or when doctors suggest them in what’s called “shared decision-making.” The CDC did not respond to requests for comment on the lawsuit.
Savannah Guthrie posts new video
The family of Nancy Guthrie is offering up to $1 million for information leading to her recovery, her daughter, “Today” host Savannah Guthrie, said in a tearful video posted on Instagram Tuesday. Guthrie also acknowledged her 84-year-old mother, who has been missing since February 1, “may already be gone.” The reward announcement marks the family’s first public update in more than a week after previously sharing regular video appeals. As the search enters its fourth week, a group of Mexican mothers experienced in missing-person cases has also traveled to Arizona to help with the effort.
Some material & © 2026 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.













