Trump issues new threat to obliterate Iran
President Donald Trump met with top members of his national security team over the weekend to discuss the path forward on the Iran war and is expected to meet again with the team early this week, a source familiar with the meeting told CNN. The source said Vice President Vance, Secretary of State Rubio, CIA Director Ratcliffe and special envoy Steve Witkoff all attended the Saturday meeting at the president’s Virginia golf club. Yesterday, Trump issued a new warning to Iran, writing in a social media post: “For Iran, the Clock is Ticking, and they better get moving, FAST, or there won’t be anything left of them. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE! President DJT.” Trump has rejected a 14-point plan Iran sent more than a week ago, calling it “totally unacceptable.” Iran said that negotiations continue with Pakistan acting as intermediary.
Severe storms expected to peak today
A destructive outbreak of severe storms in the Plains was expected to peak on Monday with potential intense tornadoes, giant hail, dangerous winds and flash flooding. The threat comes after destructive storms on Sunday, which produced about two dozen reports of tornadoes, baseball-sized and larger hail and wind gusts over 70 mph, especially from parts of Nebraska, Kansas and South Dakota to northwest Iowa. Today, Supercell thunderstorms capable of intense, EF3 or stronger, tornadoes and softball-sized hail should fire up in the most at risk Central Plains by late Monday afternoon and early evening. A much larger area from the Great Lakes to Oklahoma and northwest Texas could also see isolated to scattered severe storms. The storm outbreak is expected to last through tomorrow.
World Health Organization warns of Ebola risks
An international effort is underway to contain an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda that has infected hundreds of people and caused dozens of suspected deaths. Some U.S. citizens are reported to have been exposed to the virus. On Sunday, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Ebola epidemic a “public health emergency of international concern.” The Trump administration had fired most the U.S. experts on Ebola and withdrew from the World Health Organization. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said Sunday there have been 88 deaths in the DRC. In neighboring Uganda, two laboratory-confirmed cases, including one death, have so far been reported in the country’s capital Kampala, WHO reported.
China fails to confirm Trump’s claims about trade
The U.S. and China have confirmed that the two countries will set up two new institutions – a “board of trade” and a “board of investment” – to manage economic deals. In addition, the White House claims that China would purchase at least $17 billion per year of U.S. agricultural products and make an initial purchase of 200 Boeing aircraft. But, the Chinese did not directly confirm the agricultural and aircraft deals, saying instead that both sides would “promote expanded two-way trade.” $17 billion in agricultural purchases would be a big jump from last year, when U.S. agricultural exports to China totaled only $8.4 billion, according to U.S. government data and is less than the $24.4 billion in agricultural sales to China in 2024.
Trump considers $1.776 billion compensation fund
Trump administration officials are considering establishing a nearly $1.8 billion fund to compensate people who feel they have been unfairly investigated under previous administrations, according to two sources familiar with the discussions. The idea was floated as part of ongoing talks between President Donald Trump’s lawyers and Trump’s Department of Justice (DOJ) about a payment that would settle Trump’s $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS. Officials at DOJ, Internal Revenue Service and the White House have been involved in the discussions. The fund is expected to be named the “The President Donald J. Trump Truth and Justice Commission,” one of the sources told CNN. The proposed $1.776 billion amount was selected to reflect the year of the country’s founding, as the America 250 celebration approaches. CNN previously reported that as part of a settlement Trump wants the IRS to drop audits of his, his family members’ and his company’s tax returns.
White House backs religious event with taxpayer money
CNN reported today that the White House spent taxpayer money to support the religious event held yesterday on the National Mall, apparently yet another move by the Trump administration to promote Christianity and interfere with the traditional separation of church and state. The all-day prayer event featured appearances by Christian religious leaders along with video messages from Donald Trump and members of his Cabinet. Trump was recorded sitting at his desk in the Oval Office reading from a bible. Many of the people attending were dressed in red, white and blue. The stage had white columns, a giant video screen and images of the country’s Founding Fathers shown through stained glass.
Some material ™ & © 2026 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.













