States tax residents who say they’ve moved elsewhere

By Laurie Samay

No Comment

Suppose you own two houses: one in a state with an income tax, such as New York, and another in an income-tax-free state, such as Florida or Nevada, where you spend an increasing amount of time. You’re ready to assert you primarily reside in the tax-free state. Goodbye, big tax bill? Don’t be surprised if…

This content is for Westfair Online members only. Please login to view this content. Become a member by Registering Here. If you would prefer to start with a 12 week free trial, Click Here.


About the author