While one in four shoppers are likely to spend less money this year on gifts, a quarter of high-income earners who plan to spend more say they plan to spend it on Amazon.com, according to a survey by Wilton-based Toluna QuickSurveys.
In a poll of 2,000 Americans, 27 percent of those earning more than $150,000 a year plan to increase their Amazon.com spending.
Other survey findings include:
- 77 percent of respondents plan to shop in a brick and mortar store;
- 28 percent of respondents will use Facebook as a source of inspiration;
- 17 percent of respondents are willing to pay using their phone;
- 22 percent of respondents will use their phone in stores to do a price comparison;
- 30 percent of respondents plan to buy a tablet this year.