Former Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, Britain’s former Prince Andrew, was arrested today on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Police have been looking into claims that he shared sensitive information with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein while serving as the UK’s trade envoy. They have also previously said they were assessing evidence that a woman was trafficked to the UK by Epstein to have a sexual encounter with Mountbatten-Windsor. Mountbatten-Windsor has denied all accusations against him and insisted that he never witnessed or suspected any of the behavior of which Epstein was accused. King Charles III said in a statement that he learned “with the deepest concern” of the arrest of Mountbatten-Windsor, his younger brother, and stressed that “the law must take its course.”
Massive fires continue in the Plains
Dangerous fire weather conditions will impact the Plains for a third consecutive day Thursday as firefighters deal with more than a dozen wildfires that have torched tens of thousands of acres and forced evacuations in the region. The Ranger Road megafire is the largest. It exploded in size and has burned more than 283,000 acres in Oklahoma and Kansas since starting early Tuesday afternoon. That’s nearly twice the size of Chicago. Another wildfire that broke out in Woodward, Oklahoma — a city of about 12,000 residents in northwestern part of the state — forced several thousand people to evacuate in the southwest quadrant of the city. Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt declared a disaster emergency for Beaver, Texas and Woodward counties on Wednesday to activate state emergency management resources. Dry air and sustained winds up to 20 mph with some higher gusts will continue to challenge fire crews on Thursday, especially in the southern Rockies and Plains.
Trump’s Board of Peace meets
President Donald Trump was scheduled to convene the inaugural meeting of his Board of Peace today, with officials from various countries attending as members or observers. Trump initially said the board would oversee the reconstruction of the Gaza Strip,. He has now expanded that to have the board address conflicts worldwide. Trump has previewed major funding announcements for the meeting, including billions of dollars for Gaza’s rebuilding. However, several European nations and key U.S. allies have declined to join, citing concerns about the board’s broader mission and members. The initiative has also fueled skepticism in the international community, with some viewing it as an effort to undermine the United Nations, which Trump has sharply criticized.
U.S. reported ready to attack Iran
The U.S. military is prepared to strike Iran as early as this weekend, although President Trump has yet to make a final decision on whether he’ll authorize such actions, sources tell CNN. This follows a significant military buildup in the Middle East ordered by Trump to apply pressure on Iran to reach a deal over its nuclear program. Meanwhile, Israel has raised its alert level amid growing indications of a potential joint U.S.-Israel strike on Iran, Israeli sources told CNN. Iran, in turn, is fortifying several of its nuclear facilities, according to new satellite imagery and analysis from an independent nuclear watchdog.
Zuckerberg testifies in court
Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg on Wednesday testified before a jury for the first time about accusations that his social media platforms harm children’s mental health. Kaley, a 20-year-old woman, alleges Instagram and Google’s YouTube were intentionally designed to be addictive — and that they hooked her from an elementary school age, causing anxiety, depression and body dysmorphia. Zuckerberg was grilled for more than five hours in a Los Angeles courtroom over whether Instagram is intentionally addictive and will face further scrutiny as the case progresses. He has vehemently defended his company’s youth strategies and argues that his goal is to create products with long-term appeal, not ones that harm children.
Eight skiers known killed in California avalanche
Eight skiers buried by snow and debris near California’s Lake Tahoe amid dangerous conditions were killed in what is now the deadliest avalanche in the state’s recorded history, authorities said Wednesday. One skier is still missing and presumed dead, Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon said at a news conference. The skiers were part of a 15-person group on a three‑day backcountry trip in northern California’s Sierra Nevada mountains. Six of the members were previously rescued with various injuries.
Some material ™ & © 2026 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.













