ArtsWestchester will recognize seven honorees for their contributions to cultural life in Westchester County during its annual Arts Awards Luncheon on April 5 at Brae Burn Country Club.
â€œFor more than 40 years, the Arts Award has recognized individuals and organizations whose vision, commitment and leadership have enriched the cultural life of Westchester, its communities and its citizens,â€ ArtsWestchester CEO Janet Langsam said. â€œThis yearâ€™s event is expected to attract hundreds of people who will pay tribute to those who have a unique impact on the arts in our community.â€
The event will begin at 11:30 a.m. at the country club at 39 Brae Burn Drive in Purchase. Tickets are $85. The luncheon is made possible by Westchester Medical Center, Jacob Burns Foundation Inc. and Emily and Eugene Grant.
Awards presented at this yearâ€™s Arts Awards are:
- The Emily and Eugene Grant Arts Patron Award to Lucille Werlinich, chair of the Purchase College Foundation
- The Community Award to Westhab
- The Education Awards to Scarsdale Adult School and Songcatchers Inc.
- The Sophia Abeles Education Award to Marion Archer, teaching artist
- The Arts Organization Award to Downtown Music at Grace
- The Presidentâ€™s Award to The Katonah Museum of Artâ€™s Himmel Award and Lecture
To buy tickets or for more information about the event and this yearâ€™s winners, visit artswestchester.org.
This page is available to subscribers. Click here to sign in or get access.